CitrusPost Anti-Spam Policy
CitrusPost has a no tolerance spam policy. CitrusPost's customer
support actively monitors large import lists and emails going to
a large number of subscribers. Any customer found to be using CitrusPost
for spam will be immediately cut-off from use of the product. If
you know of or suspect any violators, please notify us immediately
Every email contains a mandatory unsubscribe link - those individuals
who try to remove this link will be warned that they are doing so.
If the link is removed or de-activated in any way, CitrusPost will
terminate the customer's account.
What is Spam?
Spam is unsolicited email also known as UCE (Unsolicited
Commercial Email). By sending email to only to those who have requested
to receive it, you are following accepted permission-based email
What constitutes a Preexisting business relationship?
The recipient of your email has made a purchase, requested
information, responded to a questionnaire or a survey, or had offline
contact with you.
What constitutes consent?
The recipient of your email has been clearly and fully
notified of the collection and use of his email address and has
consented prior to such collection and use. This is often called
Isn't there a law against sending Spam?
The federal anti-spam law went into effect on January 1st,
2004 and preempts all state laws. While this new law will not stop
spam, it does make most spam illegal and ultimately less attractive
to spammers. The law is specific about requirements to send commercial
email and empowers the federal government to enforce the law. The
penalties can include a fine and/or imprisonment for up to 5 years.
How CitrusPost protects you from sending spam
CitrusPost is a permission-based email-marketing tool that
follows the strictest permission-based philosophies:
- Communication - Your CitrusPost registration
page already states why you are collecting the site visitor's
email address, how you plan to use their address, and that you
our license agreement you have agreed to use only permission-based
lists and never to sell or rent your lists.
- Verification - CitrusPost automatically sends
all of your new subscribers an email confirming their interest
in receiving emails from you. Additionally, if your subscriber
changes his or her interests or unsubscribes, CitrusPost automatically
sends an email confirmation.
- Unsubscribe - Every email generated from CitrusPost
contains an unsubscribe link which allows your subscribers to
opt-out of future email campaigns and automatically updates your
subscriber lists to avoid the chance of sending unwanted emails
to visitors who have unsubscribed.
- Identification - Your email header information
is correct because it is pre-set for you by CitrusPost. Your email
campaign's "From" address is verified and already accurately identifies
you as the sender.
- Contact Information - all of your emails are
pre-filled with your contact information including your physical
How to protect yourself from Spam: Take the Spam Test
- Are you importing a purchased list of ANY kind?
- Are you sending to non-specific addresses such as:
- email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,
firstname.lastname@example.org, or other general addresses.
- Are you sending to distribution lists or mailing lists which
send indirectly to a variety of email addresses?
- Are you mailing to anyone who has not explicitly agreed to join
your mailing list?
- Have you falsified your originating address or transmission
- Have you used a third party email address or domain name without
- Does your email's subject line contain false or misleading information?
- Does your email fail to provide a working link to unsubscribe?
- Are you failing to process any unsubscribe requests that come
to you via a reply to your email within 10 days or the request?
If you have answered YES to ANY of the above questions you will
likely be labeled a SPAMMER. For more information visit The Coalition
Against Unsolicited Email (www.cauce.org)
Return to main